CREO Industrial Arts is a custom fabricator that has been producing high-end architectural products for over 30 years. We execute the vision of the world’s finest architects, experiential graphics designers, landscape architects, and exhibit designers, producing extremely high fit and finish custom products for a wide variety of venues.
From the smallest, most detailed piece to large, multi-story structures, CREO does it all. Every project is different, but what they all have in common is the sophistication of the design and the industry’s highest standard of quality.
Supports the application of liquid coatings using HPLV spray equipment and the Matthews line of acrylic polyurethane paints and coatings and specialized architectural finishes in general.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards in the paint application process.
- Responsible for inspecting surfaces to be sprayed to ensure that they are finished to a level that will not contribute to quality problems after the surfaces have been coated. If additional finishing needs to be done, this person communicates to the paint lead or the fabrication lead to have the problems corrected before painting.
- Responsible for doing some sanding and prep work but the majority of this work is done by the fabrication staff.
- Responsible for the precise application of various masking materials.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment and adhering to company policy for safe work practices. Identifies the required PPE For all hazardous materials and documents the parameters associated with its use.
- Responsible for monitoring inventory and re-ordering as necessary in a timely manner.
- Accountable for helping to maintain the daily log sheets for paint booth operation.
- Responsible for maintaining the current 5S program and any other housekeeping responsibilities as set forth by Ownership or Production Management.
Specific Duties (not necessarily all inclusive)
- The painters apply acrylic polyurethane paints to a near automotive standard for quality. Runs, drips, holidays, etc., are not acceptable.
- The Matthews system involves a very specific process for measuring the many components that go into a “batch”. Understanding the mixing process and minimizing waste is a critical aspect of the job.
- Finishing the products prior to paint is the responsibility of the fabricators but the painters are the main source of quality control. Understanding the specific quality standard for each sign type is important prior to making decisions about the level of finishing that needs to be done prior to painting. If there is ever a question about how well something needs to look before painting, involve the paint lead and production manager to help determine the required level of finish.
- All materials are sanded or “roughed up” prior to painting. Aluminum is always sanded to a 180 – 220 finish before painting. Acrylic usually just needs to have the sheen removed. There may be times when the painters have to help with the paint preparation process.
- Many of our products have multiple colors or painted graphic elements. This requires that some portion of the product will have to be masked off prior to that application of different colors or coatings. Application of the masking is always applied to reflect approved shop drawings.
- Daily records are kept to record the current state of the paint booth filter systems. The painter is responsible to make sure that the readings are done properly, and the log sheet is filled out accurately every day.
- Works with the purchasing department to identify the most economical means for ordering project materials and to decrease shipping and storage costs. Ensures that ordering materials is timely enough so that the project schedule is not impacted due to lack of materials on hand when needed.
- Works with the lead painter to understand and adhere to the quality standards for the various coating that are applied and seeks out any training that may be necessary to maintain these standards.
- Minimum of two year’s experience applying liquid coatings in a high quality environment.
- Experience with and ability to use hand tools and sanding equipment.
- Ability to interpret shop drawings to the extent required of the job.
CREO offers a great career growth culture, competitive salary, holidays, vacation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD coverage, and a 401(k) plan.
If this position sounds like a perfect fit for you Apply Today!
CREO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.