CREO Industrial Arts is a custom fabricator that has been producing high-end architectural products for over 30 years. We execute the vision of the world’s finest architects, experiential graphics designers, landscape architects, and exhibit designers, producing extremely high fit and finish custom products for a wide variety of venues.
From the smallest, most detailed piece to large, multi-story structures, CREO does it all. Every project is different, but what they all have in common is the sophistication of the design and the industry’s highest standard of quality.
The primary role of the project manager is to oversee the entire assigned project and ensure that the project is executed on time, on budget, and at the appropriate margins. The PM is the liaison between the client and CREO and must remain constantly engaged with both parties to ensure alignment. The PM monitors all phases of the project to ensure the accurate execution of the specifications, details and obligations of the contract are met. The PM must also track and prioritize tasks to keep multiple sign types or projects moving through the documentation, production, and installation process on schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use project kick off documents, develop project schedule with critical path.
- Manage and maintain budget for project, including the preparation of the schedule of values, estimate at completion, and monthly billing projections.
- Manager and maintain project schedule, communicating with clints as needed.
- Meet with documentation to review scope and schedule for design document development.
- Research fabrication options, creation of submittal samples, mock-ups, and prototypes.
- Perform site surveys and obtain first verification data.
- Prepare RFI’s and report the responses to be incorporated in the final shop drawings.
- Prepare transmittal for submittal samples, patterns, and drawings.
- Prepare permit documents, submit for permits, coordinate inspections and archive original signed off documents.
- Contract and coordinate subcontractor services
- Manage change order process
- Schedule kick off with Production team to review project scope and schedule.
- Monitor production progress
- Perform QA/QC inspection for production work at 60% completion and prior to shipping (minimum); includes work that has been subcontracted work and received back.
- Coordinate shipping of final product.
- Coordinate and manage on-site installation.
- Manage punch list to completion, including field verification if needed.
- Generate and maintain detailed records of all drawings (done by others), client communication, contract documents, permits, and all other project documentation.
- Prepare project summary at conclusion of project.
- Coach and mental less experience PMs and Project Engineers.
- Project management experience in the construction or sign industry
- Experienced user of MS Word, Excel, and Project
- Willing to travel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Able to read construction drawings
- Familiarity with any or all of the following desired:
- Metal fabrication
- Electrical signage
- Architectural drawings and site plans
- Graphics & typography processes
- Construction materials & processes
CREO offers a great career growth culture, competitive salary, holidays, vacation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD coverage, and a 401(k) plan.
If this position sounds like a perfect fit for you Apply Today!
CREO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.