CREO Industrial Arts is a custom fabricator that has been producing high-end architectural products for over 30 years. We execute the vision of the world’s finest architects, experiential graphics designers, landscape architects, and exhibit designers, producing extremely high fit and finish custom products for a wide variety of venues.
From the smallest, most detailed piece to large, multi-story structures, CREO does it all. Every project is different, but what they all have in common is the sophistication of the design and the industry’s highest standard of quality.
The role of the Estimator is to review potential projects and help develop fabrication and installation cost estimates that sales can use as a basis for a proposal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze projects to help determine estimation strategy -- possible fabrication techniques, subcontracted elements, margin goals, value engineering options, etc.
- Help with preparation of Request for Information that addresses any discrepancies or areas that need further clarification.
- Permit research and calculation
- Ascertain sign counts via message schedule, location plans or as provided by bid docs.
- Create detailed RFQs (Request for Quotes), editing and saving the necessary bid documents for each specific subcontracted scope.
- Contact subcontractors when necessary to review the RFQ, ensuring a full grasp of scope and services they are being asked to price and that pricing will be received by RFQ deadline.
- Create RFQ Summaries that articulate the exact subbed out scope, shows a side by side comparison of all subs and cost for that scope and outlines the estimator’s thoughts and recommendations. Compare and analyze, contacting subcontractor as needed with any questions and/or clarifications to ensure all quotes are equal in scope and quantities.
- Review subcontractor pricing in preparation of making suggestion to Senior Estimator on which to use and why.
- Update Estimating Task List daily
- Ensure bid packages with all notes and associated files are well organized and located in the correct folders on company server.
- Locate and “vet” new subcontractors, as needed.
- Document all disclaimers, exclusions and clarifications related to the bid.
- 2+ years of experience as an estimator
- Understanding of fabrication processes, including:
- Architectural drawings and site plans
- Construction materials & processes
- High level of competence when using MS Word, Excel, Project, Adobe Acrobat or Bluebeam, Smartsheet
- Experience working with other signage / environmental graphics industry
- Familiarity with any or all of the following desired:
- Metal fabrication
- Electrical signage
- Graphics & typography processes
- CAD or other design software
CREO offers a great career growth culture, competitive salary, holidays, vacation, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, LTD coverage, and a 401(k) plan.
If this position sounds like a perfect fit for you Apply Today!
CREO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.