The Field Superintendent is responsible for successfully organizing, coordinating, and directing installation and other on-site work of both subcontractors and CREO installation crews. At times the Field Superintendent will serve as installation foreman and/or lead installer.
- Review overall project with the project manager, review drawings, and understand details of each sign type.
- Note installation-related concerns, discuss with Project Manager and/or Installation Manager.
- Perform field surveys as necessary to obtain field verification data.
- Become familiar with jobsite logistics. Work with installation subcontractor to determine, and confirm availability of, appropriate equipment and manpower needs.
- Work with subcontractors and/or GC to determine where best to receive and hold all products pending installation.
- Confirm that specific sign locations and surfaces are ready for sign installation.
- Participate in on-site subcontractor meetings as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Confirm interface conditions are consistent with plans. Where discrepancies occur, determine alternate strategies.
- Understand the protocol for locating signs, and document the process by which the client takes responsibility for the final location and position of each sign, whenever possible.
- Wherever excavation is required, ensure that underground utilities are located. Keep records of same.
- Ensure that deliveries are inspected and signed for by the installation subcontractor or CREO employee.
- Account for fabricated sign components, hardware, installation templates, UL labels, permits. Prepare for specified installation methods as well as contingencies.
- Coordinate interdependent schedule and site access logistics with the general contractor and other trades. Understand CREO’s contracted scope of work, recognize and notify the Project Manager regarding potential scope changes, obtain Project Manager Authorization to proceed with changes, and document the additional costs to substantiate change order cost recovery.
- Coordinate and manage all on-site work by subcontractors. Understand the subcontractor’s scope of work, ensure quality workmanship, document any conflicts that arise, and protect CREO from unsubstantiated upcharges.
- Ensure that all necessary precautions are taken to protect high-quality finishes during handling, transport and installation.
- Provide daily reports as outlined by Installation Manager.
- When not assigned as a superintendent, act as installation foreman and/or lead installer for local jobs.
- Current Washington State Driver’s License and excellent driving record.
- Education – GED or equivalent. Should possess good math and basic computer skills.
- Experience/skills – Ten years’ experience installing signage (or similar) in various settings, including commercial constructions sites and open-for-business retail or office interior or exterior environments. Other commercial construction experience a plus.
- Schedule – Significant travel to work on out-of-town job sites, overtime, weekend or night work as dictated by site conditions and project schedule.
Please submit resumes to: