As a key member of the core project team, the Wood Shop Fabricator is responsible for successfully manufacturing and finishing project deliverables on time, within allocated labor hours, and to achieve the project outcomes.
- Track and take custody of project-specific materials once they have been received by the Purchasing Department.
- Engage in manufacturing activities including, but not limited to, interpreting plans, cutting, assembling and modifying parts, installation, prototyping, and sampling.
- Maintain knowledge and skills in all areas of fabrication.
- Lead the pack-out; Make sure the road box is adequately stocked with all necessary tools and first aid supplies; oversee the safe & secure pack all products for installation.
- Some installation travel required.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English verbally, over the phone, and through email
- Specific understanding of exhibit fabrication means & methods, laminating, and sanding/finishing
- General understanding of a broad range of carpentry & construction skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic shop math skills (decimals, fractions, equations)
- Experience working from shop drawings and verbal instruction
- Several years of exhibit specific fabrication & installation experience
- Highly collaborative and cooperative in nature, ability to work effectively in a team environment
August 6, 2020